Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh shit

So I definitely just found my old cd player and seventh grade mix cds.  A lot of Big Pun, The Fugees, Jay-Z in the Blueprint era (let me just say that the Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse stands as one of if not the best shit he's ever come out with), Biggie, Black Sheep, Bone Thugs, Tupac, De La Soul, Method Man, old Busta Rhymes, topped off with some Common, Erykah Badu, and No Doubt. 


Finding this by far, made my day.



Side note: It's crazy how now people are thrown when I can hold up my end of a hip-hop conversation, or recite a few verses of certain songs, when it comes second nature because at one point it's all I knew.  I suppose though, a lot of things work that way and it's human nature to pass judgement.  Still, if you only look down a hole in the ground, there's no way of telling where it goes.  To guess, is cheating yourself of a truth that may be worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment